Purpose and Scope
This policy discloses what information we gather about you when you visit Zetland Plants domains, use Zetland Plants, or buy products directly from us. It describes how we use that information and how you can control it.
Information Zetland Plants 'Gathers and Tracks'
Zetland Plants collects two kinds of information about users: 1) data that users volunteer by signing up to receive news and product information, subscribing to mailing lists or email delivery of our information systems, completing surveys, submitting information from our desktop tools or buying directly from us; and 2) aggregated tracking data we may collect when users interact with our Website or service interfaces.
We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you have requested and to fulfill requests, for site and tool personalisation and for statistical purposes. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
When you subscribe to Zetland Plants mailing lists to receive Zetland Plants news and product information, you must provide an email address. We use that email address to send the requested information. We never sell or rent your email address that you provide when subscribing to our lists.
• When you post information to Zetland Plants public mailing lists or message bases, this information will be visible to the public. Moreover, Zetland Plants mailing lists may be archived by third-party sites over which Zetland Plants has no control, and your email address can be found from their archives.
• When you choose to share information with us, for example through our desktop tools or Website, we may report on that submission in anonymous statistical form, as well as use that information for site or content personalisation.
• When you purchase/order Zetland Plants products, subscribe to our services, or request information from us that depends upon your technology use, we record the technologies you're using in order to provide the service. Where that service may in part be provided through a partner, we will share your information with the partner in anonymous form. Our partner relationships provide equivalent privacy protection for such information as provided by this policy itself. We may also add you to our mailing lists and will contact you with Zetland Plants - related issues now and then.
• We may from time to time offer certain programs with limited participation, for example closed beta programs. When you participate in such programs, we may require additional information to permit selection of participants. In addition, we will contact participants to collect program feedback periodically. These communications are not promotional in nature.
• Where we may use third parties in fulfilling some of our services, we share only the information necessary to fulfill the service, and our partner agreements provide equivalent privacy protection for such information as provided by this policy itself.
• We only release identifiable personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Zetland Plants our users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated Tracking Information
We may analyse visitors' use of our sites and tools by tracking information such as downloads, page views, traffic flow, search terms and click-through. We use this information to improve our products and sites. We may also share or publish this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form. We do not share or publish any information that can identify an individual user.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Cookies and Advertising
This site may contain links to other sites. Zetland Plants is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Websites.
We may run surveys on our site in which we ask our users for contact information (such as their email address). We may, with permission, use the contact information from the entry form to ask follow-up questions. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings. (See the choice and opt-out section below.)
This site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All the data regarding users, their computers' system information and benchmark results are stored on a server. This server is located in a locked and guarded space, and only authorised Zetland Plants personnel have access to the database containing given usernames and passwords.
Notification of Changes
Choice and Opt-Out
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user. This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database, so that they no longer receive future communications or access to our other services:
You can unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists through your login profile at www.zetlandplants.co.uk. You can also unsubscribe from any email subscription to blogs, message bases, bug tracking systems and so forth through your access to that system. You can send email to: email@example.com stating your request. You can reply to any unwanted communications that you receive, stating your request.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with this Website, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.